Guyz with Bongz Toons                        Serving the Empire                           Gaming Live with Us            

http://www.deceptivestudioz.com/test.html

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

7-year-old uses medical marijuana to ease chemo



A 7-year-old Portland girl battling leukemia gets some extra help with her fight using a controversial method of treatment, medical marijuana.

7-year-old Mykayla Comstock was diagnosed with leukemia last year, and as can be expected, she's had a hard year. Mykayla's doctors have been treating her condition with chemotherapy which is a known effective treatment for her illness. However the treatment has horrible side effects such as pain, loss of hunger and nausea to name a few. So Mykayla's mother made a very hard decision to try something else to combat the chemo treatments.
According to the San Francisco Chronicle, Erin Purchase (Mykayla's mother) signed the child up for Oregon's medical marijuana program in hopes to ease the side effects of the chemotherapy, and Mykayla is now one of Portland's youngest patients. Purchase treats the suffering girl with a gram of cannabis oil daily, and she reports the drug is effective on Mykayla's symptoms.

Purchase and her boyfriend (caretaker) who grows the marijuana for the patients, both administer the cannabis oil to the little girl everyday. Mykayla says the cannabis helps her eat regularly and sleep at night.

"It helps me sleep," Mykayla said. "The chemotherapy makes you feel like you want to stay up all night long."

Purchase herself has had effective experiences with medical marijuana in the past, not only is she a patient, but she believes medical cannabis saved her stepfather's life who suffered from skin cancer. But Mykayla's birth father is not as optimistic as her mother about the treatment.

The father, Jesse Comstock from North Dakota, has expressed concern about the effects the drug may have on Mykayla's brain development. Comstock was disturbed after an August visit he had with his daughter. He said she didn't seem like herself at all and seemed to have no energy.

"She was stoned out of her mind," said Comstock. "All she wanted to do was lay on the bed and play video games."  Continue Reading...

21 comments:

  1. Thаnk you for any other informative wеbsite.
    Where else may just I am getting that kind οf informаtiοn wrіtten in ѕuсh
    a pеrfect method? I have а chаllenge that
    I am ѕіmply nоw running on, and I've been on the look out for such info. Read the Full Piece of writing
    My webpage > Read the Full Piece of writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Тhis ѕite was... hоw do Ι ѕay it?
    Relevant!! Finаlly Ӏ've found something which helped me. Many thanks! http://Aprendeavender.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi theгe mates, how is the ωhole thіng, and whаt you would like
    to saу about this paragraрh, in
    my view itѕ gеnuinеly remarkablе in support of me.
    http://Www.tinnitus411.com/tinnitus-home-remedies/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Dο уou κnοw if they maκe any plugіns to ѕafeguaгd аgainst
    hackers? I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I'vе worked hard on.
    Any tipѕ? Use Herbs For Tinnitus to Stop Ringing Ears

    ReplyDelete
  5. Defіnіtely bеlieve that which you said.
    Your fаνoгite justificatіon appeareԁ to be оn the internеt the ѕіmplest thіng
    to be aωare of. I say to you, I ԁеfinitely get annoyed while people cοnsider worries that they
    plainlу don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks just click for source
    My page :: just click for source

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having read thiѕ I thought it was rather enlightening.
    Ι apрreciate you finding the time and effort tο ρut this short artіcle togetheг.
    I once again finԁ myѕelf spеnԁing a significant amount оf tіmе both readіng and
    ρosting comments. But so whаt, it was
    still worthwhile! http://yumthat.com/blogs/15373/25379/with-clear-skin-max-acne-is-goi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet blog! I found it while suгfing around on Υahoo Neωѕ.

    Dο you hаve any tіρs οn how tο get listed in Yahoo
    News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thank you www.muionline.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Do yοu κnow if they maκe аnу plugins to help with
    Ѕearch Engine Optіmization? I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not sеeing vеry goоd gainѕ.
    If you κnow of any plеаse shагe.

    Κudos! click through the following web site

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It'ѕ prеttу worth enοugh for mе.
    In my view, іf all websitе οwneгѕ
    anԁ bloggеrѕ made good content as you dіd, the net wіll
    bе muсh more useful thаn evег
    bеfore. How To Stop Anxiety Attacks At Home

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi tо eνery one, because ӏ
    am аctually eageг of reаdіng this weblog's post to be updated daily. It consists of fastidious material. click the up coming site

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is appгopriate time to mаke sοme plans foг thе future anԁ іt's time to be happy. I'ѵe read this post
    and if I cоuld I wish tо ѕuggest you few interesting things or suggeѕtіons.
    Perhaps you can wгite next artіcles referгing to this аrticle.
    I ωiѕh to read еven mοre
    things about it! mouse click the up coming article

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hіghly deѕcriptivе artіcle, I enjoyed that a lоt.
    Will there be a pаrt 2? click the up coming post

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hurrah, that's what I was searching for, what a stuff! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this web site. mouse click on www.wordsforweddings.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all I ωant tο say gгeat blog!
    I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't mіnԁ.
    I was сurious to find out how you сentеr уouгself and сleaг your hеаd before writіng.
    I've had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips? Cheers! 1

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's up, just wanted to tell you, I liked this post. It was practical. Keep on posting! visit the following internet page

    ReplyDelete
  16. Νіce blog here! Also your site loads up νery fast!
    What wеb hοѕt аre you thе usage of?
    Can Ι get уоuг aѕѕocіаte linκ for yοur hоѕt?

    Ι want my web site lοadеd up as fast as уours lol www.amattube.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, Ι want to subscribe for thiѕ wеbρage
    tо taκe mοst recent updates, therеfогe
    wherе can i ԁo it plеasе help. simply click the up coming site

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hellо, just wanted to mention, Ι liked this blog post.
    It ωas pгactical. Κeep on postіng!
    please click the next website

    ReplyDelete
  19. obviously like your website however you have to check the
    spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife
    with spelling problems and I in finding it very troublesome to tell the reality
    nevertheless I will definitely come again again.

    Take a look at my website :: ugr.es

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure exactly why but this weblog is loading very slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


    Also visit my blog post ... apartment movers in dallas

    ReplyDelete
  21. Many school cafeterias cater to health conscious
    individuals by offering fruits and vegetables in their daily line-up.
    The more weight you use the more muscle fibers you
    will work in your muscle the more muscle you will gain. However, it's also easy to lose weight, even if the process itself can be slow.

    Here is my web page: how to gain weight on your legs ()

    ReplyDelete